Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sheep







Yesterday morning I heard a strange noise in the lane right next to our house. Looking out of the window I saw a farmer walking backwards up the land rattling an animal feed bag and making a noise a bit like a Swiss yodell. Behind him were scores of sheep padding quietly up the lane, some nibbling at wayside weeds (and our garden plants!) and one of two brave ones trying to jump over walls. I rushed for my camera and managed to get a few shots, although I didn't have time to open the window. After the sheep came two sheep dogs and about four children eating (or smoking) sweet cigarettes, the another farmer in his Land Rover, then a long patient line of cars held up by the sheep. Another charming rural scene from the Dorset/Somerset border.

No comments: