Friday, August 6, 2010

Happy Birthday











Jenny and I recently celebrated my significant birthday with a week at Center Parcs de Kempervennen in the Netherlands. Ben, Clare, Thomas and Sophie were with us and on the morning of my birthday they got up early and decorated our villa with balloons and signs they had made themselves and got out a lovely cake and a bottle of champagne they had brought out from England. I got some lovely cards and presents too - an interesting armorial (for the garden) from Jenny, a tasteful heron from Ben and family (also for the garden) and, all the way from Olly and family in Togo, West Africa, a Phillips PhotoFrame complete with lovely family photos and a charming locally painted picture entitled "Family Transport - visit to parents". In the evening we had a meal at the Center Parcs grill where I was presented with a free drink by the management! Altogether a day to remember! I've attached a few of my own photos but if you would like to see about 20 of Ben's excellent photos of the week log on to http://www.flickr.com/photos/benpeet/sets/72157624506428965/ for the photo set.

No comments: